It's Scala Time!
Posted on May 1, 2015
I’ve been very busy at work lately, because I was transfered to new project and there is a lot of stuff to learn. But now things settled down a bit so I’m back and ready to continue my open-source activities.
I was looking to learn something new and finally decided to concentrate on Scala because
- It’s both functional and object-oriented
- It runs on JVM
- It has great community and lots of new projects use it
- I believe that it will be in demand for a long time
- I have some experience with it
My plan is quite standard:
- Take again the Functional Programming Principles in Scala course on Cousera to remember (learn) the basics
- Develop some stuff just for fun
- Find an open-sorce project and start contributing to it